December 29, 2016

New year, stay you.

I see a lot of "new year, new you" things floating around the internet and I just don't like them. Yes, January 1st is the easiest date on the calendar to make big life changes, but I don't understand why we need to completely overhaul our entire lives. There's nothing wrong with who you are. Okay, maybe there is, but you don't need to wait until January 1st to start working on it. I also don't think there's anything so wrong with you that you need to become a new person in the new year. That's just weird.

I think it's a good idea to try and make better life choices all the time. For instance, after Christmas and the holidays is the perfect time to start eating better. It shouldn't be that hard considering the overindulgence that happens this time of year. I haven't been hungry for almost a week. Love yourself, love your body, and please don't try and do a complete makeover of yourself because I still want to recognize you. By all means try bangs out, just don't shave your head, join a cult, and ask me to start calling you Moonbeam.

That said, I'm not usually big on New Year's resolutions but I have pretty extreme weight loss goals for 2017. I'm hoping in the next month or so to drop about 15 lbs in a day. It's a bit of an intense weight loss program, but I've done it before and had decent success. It's the kind of diet that gives you more curves and a more voluptuous bosom within days. Yes, it's childbirth and it knocks Beach Body out of the water. Take that, Shakeology.

Remember, to me, you are perfect. Spend five minutes with a baby and you'll remember what self love is. Don't go wrecking that person we all know and love. Maybe just stop chewing with your mouth open.

10 comments:

  1. I've always thought this too, there is no need to overhaul your life. I always set goals that I want to accomplish. Makes life easier that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Set achievable goals and you'll actually get them done. Set crazy goals and you'll be drowning in chocolate come March 1.

      Delete
  2. THANK YOU FOR THIS.

    Unpopular opinion, but I completely agree. If you need an official start date for a big life change, January 1st is a nice easy date to pick, but it's not the end all, be all. Goals should be set and worked on all the time, not just once a year. It's kind of a recipe for failure, anyway. I don't do New Years Resolutions.

    I take that back. I'm setting the same one as you but I'm giving myself until early July to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much. The only time I actually hit my goals is when I make them when I'm ready to actually change something, not when I force myself on January 1st.

    I wish I could drop 15 lbs in one day without the childbirth part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it might be easier to make a life change when the entire world isn't also trying to make the same change (have you seen the gyms on 1/2???)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! I haven't been hungry for over a week either but somehow I keep eating. Send help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought an adult size skipping rope today. It has pink handles. You probably wont recognize me. Just kidding, although you will think you are looking at highschool me because I cut all my hair off. Thankfully Derek no longer wears his hair long so we don't match this time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! It's all so true. I will just disappoint myself if I make un-achievable goals, so I'm just going to focus on an area or two of my life and do my best there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome. I do have goals for the new year--one is to learn more about art but I started doing that back in November so my interpretation of 'new year' is a bit loose. I like learning and growing and the school break at Christmas time is a good time to get some of my brain power back for figuring out what the next thing I want to learn is. But yeah, no complete makeovers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "New Year, New You!" is just a marketing slogan. I try to just wear noise-cancelling headphones 24/7 the first week of January because all you hear are commercials for gym memberships and organizational products.

    ReplyDelete

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg