June 20, 2016

Free hugs.

I woke up yesterday morning with pink eye. So good, right? If Parker hadn't had it last week I would be so humiliated I'd hide my head under my incredibly infected pillow and never come out because of all the shame. What kind of 27 year old gets pink eye? I know how hygiene works, I swear

So that's been fun.

My sore throat from last week morphed into a full fledged day of aches and moaning, followed by an extra strength headache due to lack of hydration from pain of swallowing. I also got into a fight with our glass door and have a 3" long gouge on my heel and got blood on my TOMS. Then, just to be more fun, I got the hacking cough from hell that only appears when I'm trying to sleep, or occasionally breathe like a normal person.

Do you know what happens when you go to the clinic and have an inconvenient sporadic hacking cough? You get to wear a SARS mask and people move away from you like you have the plague. Do you also know what happens with pink eye when you cough a lot? It oozes. Basically what I'm saying is, I made a lot of friends yesterday and strangers kept asking me for hugs.

On the plus side, aside from being a germ-ridden freak, good things have happened, too. I've had a couple interviews, had a couple job opportunities come up, and have accepted a part time position. I also came to an agreement with my former employer as to what a fair severance settlement looks like, and it was remarkably painless. Thank you, Jesus.

I dread the prospect of having to brush my hair and put on pants every day, but I'm really looking forward to sending Parker to daycare so he can realize he isn't the king of the castle all the time. I'm also looking forward to getting off at 3, like some sort of high school kid. Cha ching.

I'm going to go throw out my pillow now and burn all my makeup.

5 comments:

  1. YUCK!!! So sorry you've had so many ailments all in a row! I hope you have a good chocolate stash laying around.

    And congrats on the new job! If there was ever a good excuse to go buy a new wardrobe, this is it; new TOMS included because living without those is no way to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm so sorry!! But yay for your new job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your job!

    I had to wear a mask when I had the flu a year and a half ago and went to the doctor. I'm still embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you make your life sound so glamorous? Hope you have fun shopping for new makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you got a good prescription for all that. I can relate. Well, my wife can relate. She had pink eye over last Thanksgiving from our daughter bringing it home from school. According to her, the plus side is spending money on new makeup. Good for her, not good on my bank account.

    ReplyDelete

 photo comments_zps824b3be6.jpg